Sunday, March 1, 2009

Common Combination




Keep rollin, rollin, rollin,

What?

Slowdown you crazy child

Maybe the next song I write will have lyrics of artists that seem like non sequiturs in genre when put back to back... That was Limp Bizkit and Billy Joel for those keeping score at home.

When will you realize, Vienna waits for you...

Ok I'll stop. So let's hear it for the party-goers. The most envious people on the block. I don't think celebrities are even the most envious, but mostly what lifestyle they live. Perhaps, used as a justification for a lifestyle of partying, or even just the inspiration to live with as much freedom as possible. That's really what partying is, and I quote, "gotta leave that 9-5 up on the shelve and just enjoy yourself." I feel as though a significant amount of energy is wasted by those against partying, seeing it as merely getting drunk, when really getting drunk is just the inhibitor to be social or force oneself into the stupendous romance of the night being at your fingertips, no thought process whatsoever.

Note: this is not a advertisement for drinking and/or partying. The idea in itself is fantastic, welcoming, conformist in regards to who of one's social network (or neighborhood for that matter) is partaking in this common combination of actions.

Then again, opening a book or seeing a movie is just as liberating for some. Regardless, the same idea of freedom is still present. I really just wish we all find that in some form or another. There's nothing worse than being in a purgatory (especially if it's self imposed!) with no foreseeable exit strategy.

Perhaps that's what being young represents, the opportunity to lay a set foundation. Maybe it's just being healthy that enables such a freedom. Maybe it's an iPhone. Maybe it's a car. Maybe it's a song.

"Me I'm trying just to get to second base
And I'd steal it if she only gave the sign"

I'll be,
+D

P.S.... PPH #5 shown above. Jersey City's Exchange Place. No clocks, no bathrooms, a maze of hallways, a very large set of escalators and neon lights. I felt like I fell into Myst set in a Las Vegas cellar. Asked around and got ZERO help, like robots reciting the same lines over and over. Yes I asked the same question twice (it didn't get answered). WTF.

No comments: